Friday, October 22, 2010

Jalapeno~ Jelly

After a visit with the Tomato Lady, I got to bring home some of the peppers and jalapenos that were growing in her garden. She had zillions, and I was thinking about Jalapeno Jelly!

So I looked up the recipe and was astonished to discover that the body of the jelly is comprised of cider vinegar. Curious, I continued with the recipe and it turned out fabulous! One batch which made 7 jars of jelly only took 4 bell peppers and 10 Jalapenos. That means I will be able to make 21 jars!

That is a lot of Jalapeno Jelly. I hope Michael changes his mind about the idea of it, and finally decides to taste some. Seems like everyone I know will be getting Jalapeno Jelly for Christmas! Now if only I can get a hold of some Pomegranates.....
Thanks for visiting! To all of my gardening friends, carry on and hurry back!


2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love pepper jelly on top of a toasted bagel & cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garden Lily, thank you for commenting. I have heard that it is good drizzled over a block of cream cheese for an appetizer. I've got to have a party!

    ReplyDelete