Monday, April 5, 2010

Too Much of a Good Thing

It is time to go vertical.

Moving lattice about the yard contemplating the effect of extremely busy grid work on the eye,

I kind of like the look of the two pieces framing the corner.

But here is the location where one will be. It is a good idea to consider other options, once you have the lattice on your property you can move it around and feel the effect.

So here is the second location and the lattice is in place.

Here are the two pieces side by side. Once they have vines growing on them it will increase the amount of visual green in this area, and reduce the amount of reflected heat. I had my heart set on morning glories but after speaking with my friend Leslie, she shared with me that they are extremely prolific. That would mean that I would be trying to eradicate them before long. Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

But this is an artist's vision and Zen has latched on to this vision and won't let go. I will be the one who unleashed the Blue Morning Glory on Black Mountain and right now I'm okay with it.
Thanks for visiting! To all of my gardening friends, carry on and hurry back!

2 comments:

  1. Your lattice placement looks good, and I believe the coloured morning glories are not as prolific as the common white ones (which are a dreaded weed in my area).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Garden Lily, you know how visions are, they are relentless!

    ReplyDelete