Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Jiggy with It

I find myself spotting flower seeds while I am out and about, and then concocting a seed holder contraption out of tissue, a folded business card, anything that I can use to last until I can get back home. I've watched asparagus seeds tumble from my shirt pocket into the rock mulch below and had to go after them. A friend of mine glues the sides of long rectangles and makes cute little envelopes. I have used regular envelopes in a pinch and they are way too big. So here is the modified version using payment return envelopes provided by the utility companies. (Yeah utility companies, and the fact that I love running water and the heater, as it is cold outside now, 42 degrees at night.) You can cut them to the size that you wish and glue one end using a glue stick. Test the results as glue sticks vary, and see if it holds and then you can clip the tab to match the other finished end and really get meticulously jiggy with it. There is some satisfaction in cutting the utility envelops, (Where did this come from?) But most of all, have fun, collect seeds, and share with friends. And if they are your friends seeds, ask first!

Thanks for visiting! To all of my gardening friends, carry on and hurry back!

No comments:

Post a Comment