Thursday, September 17, 2009

Circle of Influence

I joined another online gardening community, out of a fondness for the writings of one of the members who was in another group I belong to, and as these members reveal more as I read their posts, they are a remarkable group of people. There was a post recently and it really touched me as it spoke about grandparents caring for ill children, and using tinctures and potions from yarbs (wild herbs and potion stuff) that grew out back, in the back hills of Tennesee or somewhere. It conveyed a quality of sentiment that was intertwined with the herbs and yarbs, and I felt a desire to lift up my herb area to a higher frequency for lack of a better word, and freshen up the soil and relocate those that were elsewhere into this common area, and add a few new herbs too.
So this is the bed with the addition of tree stakes segments that were cut with a saw from 6 to 9 inches and slightly buried for stability. They help define the area and convey a sense of intimacy and elevation for the new herb bed.

The green marble disks presented to me for taking over the care of my daughter's beta fish come in nicely to add some subtle bling to the area. The tour at Diane's yesterday crosses my mind and I smile and appreciate that I can be influenced by the sharing of gardeners. The green marbles are a reminder of that tour.

And I appreciate that perhaps I can influence too. The circle of influence circles on....and I excitedly await it's return.
Thanks for visiting! To all of my gardening friends, carry on and hurry back!

2 comments:

  1. Laura, you are a wonder! The extra touches are small but definitely create the sense of intimacy you desire. Your 'new' herb garden looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wonder too! I am heading over to your place to hang out for awhile!

    ReplyDelete