Monday, August 10, 2009

The Bug Vortex

Michael and I went to get sprinkler parts and came home with an impulse purchase. We sat on the back patio and I asked if just the look of the rose made him feel like we were turning into old people and he answered yes. I could tell that he was relived that I had brought it up because he made a heavy sigh. This made finding a home for the new rose a little bit harder.
Heading out this morning to decisively select the new rose home, I noticed the bug vortex. It's a little whirlwind of about a dozen knat like flies that rotate hovering chest high above the step between the two headstones. Seeing it once or twice is just a coincidence, but this is a daily thing so I think it deserves a sacred little bug vortex occurance mentioning kind of like the vortex's in Sedona.
The "have you considered your mortality lately roses" look better swallowed up by lots of green, don't you think?
Thanks for visiting! To all of my gardening friends, Carry On and Hurry Back!

No comments:

Post a Comment