Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fish Nets, Cat Nets

With the song by Stevie Nicks, "Gypsy" playing in my head, I contemplate how to keep Symba out of the vegetable garden. Hmm, this will do for now.....

I know this is a vegetable bed, but flowers look good anywhere.

Heading out with my coffee (my morning ritual) I don't see Symba. Oh, then I spot him as he is strategically placing his paws between the net squares and walks the length of the bed entraced like a masterful ninja in slow motion. I am going to get chicken wire for the bed tomorrow and do it up right because this could be cat lethal. I am thankful I had the netting handy so the rows still look like rows and not Symba's representation of Richard Dryfus's mountain, in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

The tree is standing tall today. Looking skyward, I recalled our alarm went off at 4:30 am this morning so that we could get up to see the Perseid Meteor Showers, but at 4:31 actually doing it next year seemed like an even better idea.

Thanks for visiting! To all of my gardening friends, Carry On, and Hurry Back!

No comments:

Post a Comment